Saturday, February 21, 2009

HSLC gives back to OU students



Counselors interact with high school students during a team building exercise in the Oklahoma Memorial Union on Saturday.

The annual High School Leadership Conference took place on campus this past weekend and left many OU student counselors with good memories and new friends.

HSLC is a conference for local and out of state high school students to attend on OU's campus where they are tended to by OU student volunteers. Many OU student counselors say that the experience is rewarding and allows them to share their wisdom with younger people.

"For me personally, I just enjoy teaching leadership skills," said OU junior Bryan Brown. "I really enjoy helping other people, it brings me self fulfillment, and for me this event is perfect because I get to combine that with my passion for leadership."

While not all of the high school students attend OU, many of those that do find them involved with HSLC in their years at OU. The conference takes place every February and is open to any high school student from Oklahoma and Texas. Any OU student can apply for a counselor or an executive staff position.

No comments:

Post a Comment